ECA 906 PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
ECA 906 PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
August 6, 2022 @ the 906 Festival
The annual photography contest is underway! Entries must be received by Wednesday, August 3, 2022.
Four cash prizes will be awarded to the best photographers in two categories – Critic’s Choice and People’s Choice. A panel of judges will select first (35% payout of entry fees received), second (20% payout of entry fees received), and third place (15% payout of entry fees received) winners to receive the Critic’s Choice awards. Attendees of the 906 Festival on Saturday, August 6, will vote for the winner of the People’s Choice award (20% payout of entry fees received). Winners will be announced from the band shell before the festival ends at 7:00 PM.
1. The photo must be taken in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan within the last 12 months.
2. Re submissions are not permitted.
3. Photos must be 8 x 10-inches in size, and must not be matted or framed. The photo paper, including the border, must not exceed 8 ½ x 11-inches.
4. Borders around the photos must be white.
5. Send $5 entry fee along with a separate sheet of paper with name, address, email and telephone number clearly printed to: Erickson Center for the Arts (ECA), Attn: Photo Contest, P.O. Box 255, Curtis, MI 49820; or hand deliver to the Erickson Center for the Arts Administrative Office located at N9224 Saw-Wa-Quato Street in Curtis during office hours. Checks made payable to: Erickson Center for the Arts (ECA).
6. Photos may be “cropped” but should be submitted “as taken” without computer changes or modifications.
7. Any photos submitted, that are in violation of the contest rules will be disqualified. The entry fee will be forfeited.
8. There is no age limit for this contest.
9. Entries must be received by Wednesday, August 3, 2022
10. Enter as many times as you like. Each entry must include the $5 entry fee and a separate sheet of paper with name, address, and phone number clearly printed. Please include the location of the photo in your information.
11. No identifying information (name, etc.) may be on photos.
12. All photos will become the property of The Erickson Center for the Arts and will be displayed after contest completion.
13. Winners will be announced at the 906 festival on Saturday, August 6, 2022. You need not be present to win.
14. Professional photographers are not eligible to enter.
15. Judging will be based on 1) Category relevance & following contest rules including size 2) Exposure 3) Color effectiveness 4) Creativity 5) Uniqueness 6) Artistry 7) Focus effects 8) Composition 9) Originality 10) Wow! Factor
16. In the event of a tie for the People’s Choice award, the cash prize will be split equally among the tied entries.
Please call the ECA office for more information 906-586-9974 Monday-Friday.