ERICKSON CENTER FOR THE ARTS
2017 PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
The annual photography contest sponsored by The Erickson Center for the Arts (ECA) is underway.
Four cash prizes will be awarded to the best photographers in two categories – Critic’s Choice and People’s Choice. A panel of judges will select first (35% payout of entry fees received), second (20% payout of entry fees received), and third place (15% payout of entry fees received) winners to receive the Critic’s Choice awards, and attendees at Art on the Lake, on Saturday, September 2nd, will vote for the winner of the People’s Choice award (20% payout of entry fees received).
1. The photo must be taken in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan within the last 12 months.
2. Resubmissions are not permitted.
3. Photos must be 8 x 10-inches in size, and must not be matted or framed. The photo paper, including the border, must not exceed
8 ½ x 11-inches.
4. Borders around the photos must be white.
5. Send $5 entry fee along with a separate sheet of paper with name, address, email and telephone number clearly printed to:
Erickson Center for the Arts (ECA), Attn: Photo Contest, P.O. Box 255, Curtis, MI 49820; or hand deliver to the Erickson Center for
the Arts Administrative Office located at N9224 Saw-Wa-Quato Street in Curtis during office hours. Checks made payable to:
Erickson Center for the Arts (ECA).
6. Photos may be “cropped” but should be submitted “as taken” without computer changes or modifications.
7. There is no age limit for this contest.
8. Entries must be received by Friday, August 18, 2017.
9. Enter as many times as you like. Each entry must include the $5 entry fee and a separate sheet of paper with name, address, and
phone number clearly printed.
10. No identifying information (name, etc.) may be on photos.
11. All photos will become the property of The Erickson Center for the Arts and will be displayed after contest completion.
12. Winners will be announced at the Art on the Lake festival on Saturday, September 2, 2016. You need not be present to win.
13. Professional photographers are not eligible to enter.
14. Judging will be based on 1) Category relevance & following contest rules including size 2) Exposure 3) Color effectiveness 4)
Creativity 5) Uniqueness 6) Artistry 7) Focus effects 8) Composition 9) Originality 10) Wow! Factor
Questions can be directed to the Erickson Center for the Arts’ office at 906-586-9974.